SARA urgently need volunteers to work in our charity shop at Guisborough.
If you can help could you please ring the shop on 01287 201005 and give your details as follows
Time and Day available ie
Morning shift 8:30am to 1pm
Afternoon shift 1pm to 4pm
Volunteers must be over 18 years of age
You will never work alone there will always be one other person with you.
S.A.R.A. will be holding a Coffee Morning at
Marske Leisure Centre on
Saturday April 22nd
From 10am to 12 midday
Why not come and join us.
Although Sam’s progress has been good aided by Catherine Marshall, physiotherapist and Helen Gosling at Butterwick Hydrotherapy there was still a problem as his leg had rotated and he was walking on the side of his foot. After consultation he was referred to an orthopaedic specialist and an operation was carried out on Wednesday 25th January. He now has to have 6 weeks cage rest (he doesn’t agree and lets everyone know it, his lung power is phenomenal). He has a post operative check up on Monday.
This year both Sainsbury’s Saltburn and Sainsbury’s Marske voted Saltburn Animal Rescue Association as their charity of the year. They have not only placed buckets at all the checkouts to collect donations but invited SARA to hold events in their stores. To date these 15 events have raised just short of £1800.
The staff at Sainsbury’s, Saltburn gave SARA a hamper of treats for the volunteers who would be working over Christmas, it was much appreciated.
Carols at Foxrush
A lovely afternoon was spent at SARA’s Carols at Foxrush with a large number of dogs bringing their owners for a sing song (and joining in). Refreshments were available including mulled wine. It rounded off another successful year of events. Thank you to all our supporters and helpers.
Click here for photos
We are getting conflicting information on the deadline for objections. We now think it is the 9th December so you still have time to object. A draft objection letter to be done as a Word document and emailed to David Pedlow before the 9th December deadline can be copied from the letter in he last post.
His email address is: David.Pedlow@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk and if you click on this link, it will automatically set up an e mail you can then type on, which you will then be able send to David, without having to type in his e mail address and not getting it right.
The draft document is a style you could use in any objection but please note the following points when emailing to David Pedlow.
- You should `copy` from the draft document letter and then `paste` to create your own individual letter on to a new word document and not simply copy the draft verbatim, as we don’t want 50 plus letters all saying the same thing, word for word like this one as that takes the individual status away, and the planners would recognise this and would discount the value of the letters.
- The text in red is the information on yourselves that you need to change.
- The text in green is some of the reasons you can use to object to. We suggest you pick our 2 or 3 of them and convert them to black type and try to alter them if you can, just so we don’t get 50 all looking the same and like they were typed on one computer. A simple hint is to alter the order of the objections you decide to use and maybe change the font sizes and type settings.
- When you have created your own Word doc letter it can be saved on your `desktop` or elsewhere and then attached to your email. That is the best way to do it.
- You then go to your email addressed to David Pedlow by clicking on this link
David.Pedlow@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk and insert the Word Doc you have saved (covered in 4 above). And then say something like….Mr Pedlow, please find attached my objection letter to the `outline planning application number R/2016/0663` You can put something similar in the `Subject box` on your email.
- If you don’t want to create a Word doc, you can `copy` off the Word doc and paste it straight in to an e mail, created by clicking on this link.
But you would have to provide in the email the Application reference number R/2016/0663 and your name and address.