S.A.R.A. SAVING AND RE-HOMING ANIMALS
THE ANN PROSSER FOUNDATION
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) came into force on 25th May 2018
and is concerned with respecting the rights of individuals of SARA when processing their personal information and this can be achieved by being open and honest and following good data handling procedures. The regulation is mandatory and all organisations that hold or process personal data must comply.
- A.R.A must keep and process information about you for their records.
- The Information we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only.
- We will keep and use your information only to enable us to manage the business with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately during your time with S.A.R.A.
- Much of the information we hold will have come from yourselves, however, some may come from sources such as – references etc.
- The sort of information we hold includes, application forms submitted to SARA for volunteering.
- Staff information regarding pay and conditions.
- Information concerning benefits and expenses. Contact and emergency contact details. Records of holiday, sickness and any training records. Disciplinary and grievance records. You will inevitably be referred to in many documents and records that are produced by SARA in the course of carrying out your duties.
- Where necessary SARA may keep information relating to your health, which could include reasons for absence and G.P. records. This information will be used in order to comply with our Health and Safety obligations.
- We will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so.
Personal data will be kept for a minimum of 1 year or a maximum of 7 years.
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure and have set us systems whereby processes prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data. We also guarantee that any third party we deal with, keep all personal data they possess on our behalf, secure.
Saving And Re-homing Animals